The Cook4Me Connect is an intelligent multi-cooker, with Bluetooth connectivity made by Tefal. It guides you through making delicious meals for up to 6 people!
The Cook4Me had 5 cook settings; pressure cook, steam, brown, simmer and reheat allowing you to cook a wide range of dishes. The machine comes with a removable steam basket to be used with the steam function.
The cooking bowl has a 6-litre capacity and lifts out easily to allow for ease of use and cleaning.
The machine comes with about 50 built-in recipes which are quick and come with step-by-step guides. The machine can also be connected to an app with hundreds of recipes that can be downloaded to the machine.
A great feature of the Tefal Cook4Me Connect is that it has a touch screen where you can select each function with ease
The machine measurements are 38 cm in height, 35 cm in length and it weighs 6.4kg
Using the App
The app makes using the machine very simple and streamlines the entire cooking process.
You can search and download recipes to the ‘Libraries’ section of the Main Menu. you also can monitor and control the machine via the app. The App will send your device alerts allowing you to relax in the living room while your dinner cooks in the kitchen!
The app has many features that allow you to personalise your cooking – you can filter ingredients you don’t like and favourite the ones you do.
Some of the recipes of the app include video demonstrations and step by step guides. The guides will not only appear on the app ut on the Cook4Me Connect’s screen too!
The app will also allow you to adjust the portion size but you cannot make any permanent changes to the recipe but you can add notes.
To start the device you do need to manually press the OK button but apart from that, it can be manually controlled via the app. If there is a connection problem it will not affect the cooking as the Cook4Me functions independently.
Select the manual menu, to select the cooking mode yourself. Select the cooking mode: pressure cooking, classic cooking (cook slowly, simmer, brown), reheat or keep warm, as well as the cooking time. Before the setting starts the machine will preheat. The time will vary between depending on the quantity of food, the quantity of liquid and whether the food is fresh or frozen.
- Pressure cooking: This setting works by trapping the steam causing this internal pressure and temperature to rise quickly, cooking food much faster. Once the cooking has finished the appliance will automatically which on the keep warm mode. This is the only setting where you set the time. The lid needs to be closed and locked. This setting also has a Delayed start function. This allows you to set a start time and end tme.
- Classic cooking: This setting has 3 sub-programs; gentle cooking, simmer and brown. Gentil cooking has the lowest temperature and is used for melting butter. The simmer setting hs an increased heat and the brown setting is hotter still. The lid will remain open for these cooking programmes. Use a plastic or wooden spoon to prevent any damage to the non-stick coating of the bowl.
- Reheat: This setting is perfect for warming up food, the lid needs to be closed and locked. Once the machine is ready a timer will start so you know how long it has been heating for. You can stop this setting at any time by pressing the ok button and selecting ‘yes’.
- Keep warm: this setting is automatic once the lid is closed and locked. It keeps food at a constant temperature until you want to eat!
The Ingredient programme
With this programme, you can simply select ingredients and quantities instead of following a recipe.
Once selecting an ingredient, the machine may ask you if the ingredient is whole, in pieces, slices etc, it may also ask you how you want to cook it. The machine will then ask you the quantity. Depending on what you have selected the machine may give you some extra instructions.
The Recipe Programme
As mentioned above the machine comes with over 50 preprogrammed recipes.
- When selecting the recipe menu you will be shown 3 options; Starter/Sides, Main Dish or Dessert. Using the knob you can browse recipes and select one.
- Once you have selected a recipe the machine will ask you to select how many portions you wish to make, 2, 4 or 6, press ok.
- The machine will then tell you the preparation time and the cooking time, press ok.
- The next page will list the ingredients, press ok.
If you want to follow the recipe the machine will begin to give you instructions.
Tefal Cook4Me VS instant pot Duo 7-in-1
When comparing price the Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 is a bit cheaper at about £170 while the Cook4Me is about £300!
Both the Cook4Me and the Instant Pot have very similar functional characteristics but differ in some details. Here are what they are:
The instant Pot comes in two sizes 6-litre pot or 8-litre. The Cook4me only comes in one size option 6L. However, in most case, the 6-litre is capable of making enough food to feed 6 people. You would only need the 8-litre if you cook for a large about of people
The Instant Pot allows you to cook at low pressure and it even has a yoghurt making function.
Most of the features are the some but theCook4Me comes with the Delayed start and Timer functions. It also boasts a full-colour LCD control panel and most of its parts are dishwasher safe.