This tool belong to:
Kenwood kCook Multi steamer can be used to steam vegetables, chicken and fish. It fits onto the cooking bowl and it is designed to be used with the automatic steam programme. You cannot modify the temperature but you can change the time setting. The steamer is a great tool, steamed food retains much more vitamins, minerals & enzymes than boiled food. Whatsmore steamed foods retain their shape and colour better!
How to use the Kenwood steamer
- Fill the cooking bowl with water up to the 1 letter mark. Secure the lid to the bowl without the filler cap.
- Add the food to the steam tray base. If you want to steam multiple things you can place the steam tray shelf on top for extra steaming space.
- Fit the steam tray on to the lid, ensuring it is securely in position.
- Put the steam tray lid on top.
- Press the automatic steam button and select the STEAM programme, press OK to select.
- Set the duration and press the Start/Stop button to commence steaming. The machine will beep when it has begun to steam the food.
The timer will not start until the water has reached the steaming point.
Do not allow the cooking bowl to run out of the water, top when necessary.
If your food is not cooked enough, reset the time and top up the water if needed.
The food placed in the steam tray base will usually cook quicker than food on the shelf. For this reason, it is better to add heavier food to the base like potatoes and carrots.
There are several ways you can clean the steamer. You can wash it by hand with hot, soapy water (rinsing thoroughly after), all parts of the steamer are dishwasher friendly and it can also be used with the RINSE setting on the machine
To use the RINSE function:
- Fit the steamer in the cooking bowl.
- Add water to the 1L mark.
- Press the steam button and select RINCE programme.
- Press start/stop button.
- When the programme has finished remove the part and dry thoroughly.