This tool belong to:
Silvercrest Monsieur Cuisine steamer can be used to steam vegetables, chicken and fish. It fits onto the cooking bowl. It is designed to be used with the automatic steam programme.
Steamed food retains much more vitamins, minerals & enzymes than boiled food. Whatsmore steamed foods retain their shape and colour better!
How to use the Silvercrest steamer
- Fill the cooking bowl with at least 500ml of water (2.2 litres maximum)
- Add the food to the steamer, If you want to steam multiple things you can place the steam tray shelf on top for extra steaming space.
- Fit the steam tray on the cooking bowl, ensuring it is securely in position.
Put the steam tray lid on top.
- Press the automatic steam button and select the STEAM programme, press OK to select.
- The speed is fixed at 0 and the temperature at 120 °C. You are able to change the time.
- Set the duration and press the Start/Stop button to commence steaming. The machine will beep when it has begun to steam the food.
The timer will not start until the water has reached the steaming point. Do not allow the cooking bowl to run out of the water, top when necessary.
If your food is not cooked enough, reset the time and top up the water if needed. The food placed in the steam tray base will usually cook quicker than food on the shelf. For this reason, it is better to add heavier food to the base like potatoes and carrots.
You can Silvercrest Monsieur Cuisine steamer with warm soapy water then rinse each part thoroughly with clean running water. You can also clean the mixer in the dishwasher!