The Monsieur Cuisine Connect is a multi-purpose kitchen machine made by Silvercrest and sold in Lidl. It allows you to make first, second, side dishes and desserts! The advanced functions, allow you to knead, chop, mix, boil and steam food with ease.
The Monsieur Cuisine Connect is also equipped with a built-in scale that can measure up to 5kg, allowing you to weigh ingredients as you add them! The cooking bowl has a 3-litre capacity and detaches to allow for ease of use and cleaning.
A great feature of the Monsieur Cuisine Connect is that it has an LED touch screen where you can select the speed, temperature timer and many other functions.
It can be connected to Wi-Fi so you can download and save recipes with step by step cooking guides.
The machine measurements are 40 cm in height, 30 cm in width and 50 cm in length
- Temperature range 37°C – 130°C.
- Speed range 1 – 10
- Time range 1 second – 99 minutes.
The Silvercrest Monsieur Cuisine Connect has 3 automatic programs kneading, steaming and frying. They can be selected with the adjustment knob that controls the LED screen.
- Kneading: This program only uses the blade insert, the automatic kneading program is great for both light and dough. Simply place the ingredients in the mixing bowl and close the lid. The temperature is set to 0°C and speed is fixed 4. You can, however, change the time (minimum of 45 seconds and a max of 2 minutes). The ingredient limits depend on the kind of dough you are kneading. A maximum of 500g of flour for a heavy dough and 600 g of flour for a light dough.
- Roast: is used with the mixer attachment, the automatic roasting program can be used to fry up to 500 g of meat, fish, vegetables or spices. To use this setting you will need to add a little oil to the cooking bowl before adding the pre-chopped ingredients. The temperature starts at 130°C (but can be changed), you can adjust the time (minimum of 45 seconds and a max of 2 minutes) and the speed will be fixed at 4.
- Steaming: This programme is perfect for gently steaming foods like fish meat and vegetables. It can be used in conjunction with the steamer or the steam basket. To steam, cook add 1litre of water to the mixing bowl and place the steamer on top of it, it should click into place easily. At this point, add the food to be steamed, close the lid and select the “steam cooking” programme. The speed is fixed at 0 and the temperature at 120 °C. You are able to change the time. Always check that food is thoroughly cooked before eating. If your food is not thoroughly cooked, you can reset the timer.
To start a program press the play button. You can pause the machine at any time by pressing the pause button, to restart simply press the play button. To end a program in advance press the stop button.
At the end of the program, the machine will play a tune and adjustment knob will turn green. To turn off the machine, simply press the on/off button at the back of the machine.
You can manually program Monsieur Cuisine Connect it to cook whatever you like, simply by selecting the speed, time and temperature.
There are 10-speed settings, speed number 10 is a “turbo” mode, it can only be used in with the blade attachment. The turbo function cannot be used if the food temperature is over 60˚C or if it contains liquids over l litre. The turbo mode is good for chopping nuts, herbs and vegetables like onions. The mixer attachment cannot be used with the turbo function.
The machine has an anti-clockwise rotation function, this is designed to gently stir or mix food.
To use this function press the REVERSE button. It can only be used at low-speeds (from 1 to 3). In the automatic programs, the anti-clockwise function is controlled by the machine. To stop using the reverse function simply press the REVERSE again.
Using the scale
The Silvercrest Monsieur Cuisine Connect also has a built-in scale that can weigh up to 5kg.
To use the scale, select it from the main menu. The button can be found at the bottom right of the touch screen.
To weigh the ingredients, select the scale function and make sure it is at 0g. Add what you want to weigh to the cooking bowl. When you are finished, press confirm to return to the main menu.
To weigh multiple ingredients together once you have measured the first ingredient, press the indication adjuster to set the machine to measure 0g. You can then add the next ingredient and it will be measured independently. When you are finished, press confirm to return to the main menu.
The scale function can only be used when no other operations are in progress.
The Silvercrest Monsieur Cuisine Connect once connected to Wi-Fi can download and save over 200 recipes. The recipes can be listed alphabetically, categorically or be found by direct search. Each recipe can be favourited so you can find them easily.
This function gives you step by step instructions on how to prepare the recipe. The instructions are clearly shown on the LED screen.
Silvercrest monsieur cuisine connect vs Thermomix TM5
The two devices share many similarities: they both have integrated recipes, they look similar and they both have an integrated scale.
The biggest difference is the price, the Silvercrest is a bargain at £179 – five times cheaper than the Thermomix at £925!
The Silvercrest’s cooking bowl has a capacity of 3 litres while the Thermomix holds 2.2 litres.
The Silvercrest has a 7″ touchscreen display while the Thermomix has an LED display and is controlled by buttons
Finally, the minimum temperature for both machines is 37°C but the maximum temperature for the Silvercrest is 130°C while the Thermomix only reaches 120°C